Updated November 18, 2020
Illinois Tier 3 Worship Offering: In Person and Online
As we move into Tier 3 restrictions, St. John's continues to offer in person and online worship. Please choose the option that you are most comfortable with. We will offer in person worship with health and safety of all our attendants being our first priority. If you are experiencing symptoms of cold, flu, or other illness, we ask you consider joining us online.
Contact Pastor Brian if you would like further information or send our Director of Communications a message here on our website!
8:00am - In-Person (Masks the Entire Time)
9:30am - In-Person (Masks Until Seated), Livestream, Drive-Through Communion
In-person Worship Protocols
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Please use the restrooms in the Activity Center.
- Doors will be opened to avoid touching common surfaces.
- Please do not use the hymnals - refer to the bulletin and screens instead.
- Every other pew will be blocked off
- Members will be seated at least 6 feet apart with the exception of families.
- Communion will be served as worshippers leave the Sanctuary
- Offering plates will not be passed but may be placed in the plate located in the Narthex before or after the service
- You may give by attending in person worship, sending your gift to the church office, or online through our website and app.
Please join us online, no matter where you are, for worship! Our livestream service is at 9:30am and can be viewed on demand.
Drive Through Communion
- When: approx 10:30- 11:00 am on Sunday mornings. Watch service at home, then finish listening on your phone and come down to church after the sermon! As soon as the service is over, Pastor will start distributing communion.
- Method: Drive Through Style
- Where: Enter the "drive through" as if you are pulling around the back of the church next to the church house on Jefferson where the offices used to be located.
COVID Contingency Plan
As we enter flu and season, we need to be prepared for worship plans to change quickly. Our first priority is to offer worship that is safe while protecting the health of everyone present. We will continue holding worship in person with livestream
Here is our COVID Contingency Plan in the event our ability to hold in person worship safely is compromised due to a positive case.
- One service will be held 9:30, livestream only.
- An email blast will be sent containing any additional updates.
- All information will be posted to our website and social channels (Facebook & Instagram).
If you are feeling sick at all, no matter how mild, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to church: we look forward to seeing you online in the comments! As Pastor Brian has said, "Everything has not come to a standstill, it just looks different." Things are going to look different for a while, but the hope and strength found in Jesus is unwavering.
All worship options are 100% valid. All of them are options open to faithful and dedicated Christians. This re-opening is a balance of rights and responsibilities. We are all at different points, with different health concerns, and have a variety of opinions. The good news is that God's Word comes to you and gives you the forgiveness of sins and the confidence of salvation in every single one of the options.
Subscribe to our email blast
Please include your email here if you would like to subscribe to our email blasts with regular updates. Updates will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram as well.